The book was published very quickly to meet the deadline for tax season.
Errata and Bonus Content
While recording the Audio Book, Sebastian, my producer, and I found a few more typos and errors.
Some of the minor ones, like missing “a”s, “the”s and such are not reported here.
But there were a few errors that would make a difference in your reading or understanding.
Most importantly, I wanted to correct the name of the wonderful man who first hired me at MarketWatch.com –
Chris Pummer. He taught me so much!
- Page 30 – Tip #27: “refund” should be “reward”
- Page 31 – Tip #29: Phone number for TCE should be 888-687-2277
- Page 166 – Tip #186: “claim or right” should be “claim of right”
- Page 222 – Tip #253: “insider training” should be “insider trading”
- Page 239 – In “A Few Last Words:” “Chris Plummer” should be “Chris Pummer”
- Page 239 – In “A Few Last Words:” “But Wait! Plummer went on to say,” should be “But Wait! Pummer went on to say,”
- Page 274 – in “About TaxMama:” “the Special Enrolled Exams (SEE)” should be “the Special Enrollment Exams (SEE)”
This got edited out of the book – and I love this story!
In fact, I am considering starting an exempt organization.
The inspiration? Terry Colaluca and her son Cris.
Cris has a rare seizure disorder that prevents him from attending school.
For a bright, happy, sociable boy, being isolated is very difficult.
Theresa McConnell, the technology coordinator for his school helped him get a Vgo robot to allow him to attend school remotely and participate with other students and friends.
It was an enthusiastic success!
When the Make-a-Wish of Greater Pennsylvania and West Virginia offered him a wish, Cris asked for a Vgo to be donated to the Children’s Hospital. To him, this was a no-brainer. He wanted to pass on his opportunity to another young person, to experience the same joys of being included.
He expressed an interest in being able to do this for more children. Isn’t that a great idea?
Perhaps, his mother, who happens to be a Diamond Level QuickBooks ProAdvisor, and I will help him make that dream possible.
Wouldn’t that be a great career, regardless of what he decides to study?
Interested in helping out?
Drop us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Vgo in the subject line.
Or you can tweet to @TaxMama and @CrisColaluca .
As tax regulations change, we will post updates to the book on this page. Stay tuned…
Corrections courtesy of
Ivan Meyers, VITA Tax Preparer/Compass Budget Coach
- Page 53 – Tip #52: “generate” – should probably be past tense “generated”
- Page 107 – Tip #115: Business mileage is 54 cents – not 56 cent – it is correct elsewhere
- Page 113 – Tip #134: HSAs – the 5498-SA is for contributions – not distributions. Distributions are reported to the taxpayer on the Form 1099-SA
- Page 222 – Tip # 255: Line 3 – “They” – should be “the”